FIU at I-75 Study Room Policy
1. Study rooms can only be reserved by FIU students enrolled in the current semester.
2. Each study room accommodates a maximum of 5 to 6 individuals and cannot be reserved on behalf of or for other individuals.
3. All room requests are on a first-come, first-served basis and based on availability. Requests must be submitted a minimum of 24 hours in advance Monday through Friday, but not more than one week in advance. Reservations for Monday must be submitted by Friday at 4:30 p.m. Reservations for Saturday must be submitted by Thursday at 4:30 p.m.
4. Rooms can only be reserved for a maximum of 4 hours per reservation.
5. Room requests must be submitted through: go.fiu.edu/study
6. Your reservation is not complete until you have received a confirmation e-mail from email@example.com
7. If you are unable to attend your reservation, you must cancel by calling (954) 438-8604 or (954) 438-8617 (after 5 p.m.), or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
8. Students are to use the study rooms for the allotted time only. Reservations are not extended due to tardiness.
9. Food and drinks are strictly prohibited in the study rooms.
All rooms are monitored and students will be held responsible for any damages or trash that is not deposited in the garbage bin.
10. Please see a staff member in room 302 for access to your assigned study room. For reservations outside of these hours, please see a Building Support Staff member located at the Welcome desk directly in front of the elevators.
11. The student whom completed the reservation must be present and show photo ID to gain access.
This individual must be present for the duration of the reservation.
12. At the end of your reservation please call (954) 438-8604 or (954) 438-8617 (after 5 p.m.) to lock room.
13. Moving furniture or equipment between rooms or disconnecting cables is prohibited. Due to safety concerns, do not use any objects which would obstruct the window panes from outside view. Please see a Building Support Staff member to secure the door at any point during your reservation.
14. Personal Property: FIU at I-75 does not assume any liability for loss, damage, or theft of any personal property and expects occupants to take reasonable precautions against loss of personal and/or departmental property.
15. Prohibited Items: The use of candles, firearms, fireworks, explosives, oil lamps, incense, illicit drugs, space heaters, e-cigs, vapors/vape pens or vape instruments, or any combustible device (i.e., gasoline, benzene, flammable liquids, and chemicals).
16. Students that do not follow this policy are subject to suspension or revocation of their reservation privileges. First act of non-compliance with the above-mentioned policies will result in a warning. A second occurrence will result in probation. Upon the third occurrence, all reservation privileges will be revoked for the remainder of the semester.
FIU at I-75 staff reserves the right to refuse service to any individual whom displays signs of disrespect for personnel, policies, or property.